Search This Blog and Content

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why Have a Practice Web Page?

From by LARRY EMMOTT - Emmott on Technology

"Web pages are not just about attracting new patients.

Even more important is a major trend toward using web pages for a lot more than basic contact information. For example; recently I was having trouble setting up a new feature on my cell phone. I could have tried to find the owners manual. I could have taken it into the store where I bought it. I could have asked a friend how to do it. I could have phoned an 800 number and waited on hold. I could have done many things to solve my problem. However what I did do was go to the Internet.

I googled the companies web page, I located my phone model and opened up complete instructions on how to take care of my problem. In just a few minutes it was done. While I was on the web page, I could have chosen several new ring tones, ordered some accessories or checked my account balance.

A practice web page is not just an electronic yellow pages ad. A web page should provide service for existing customers 
as well as attracting new patients."


Examples of services for existing patients are allowing for patients to make payments online, appointment reminders, and refer a friend links.
Examples of services for new patients are electronic forms, service offering, financing methods, and doctor/staff profiles.